March 16, 2011
Hi Family,
It is pretty crazy that Shalese is, or will be very shortly, in the MTC!!! I loved the MTC a lot. I felt like we had no time, but really it was the easiest part of the mission...we just had to get used to it.
I hope we will get to see Jim Laingen!!! That would be so cool!
Someone asked me how my parents were taking having two kids out on the mission now...How are you? I just figure it will be a double party when we get back. Time is a funny thing...it moves slowly when things are rough and too fast when things are going great. Hey, if everything goes so well in the eternities, I guess they will fly by ;) Today I would say time is flying by ;)
We we´re going to go to Segovia today but we missed the bus...bummer...so we have compensated by getting treats at the bakery that we are in love with on the corner near our house.
Thanks for sending the pictures of Cyle´s wedding. I liked the one where they just came out of the Temple and Cyle still has this look on his face like he is in the middle of telling a joke.
I have a feeling there might be changes at the end of this transfer and Hermana Smith might not live with us anymore...that is pretty strange cause we have lived together for a year. I don´t think I have ever lived in once place for so long at a time since high school. That is funny because I thought that people had to move all the time on the mission.
We are teaching a woman named Katya and we taught her at the university where she studies. She seems very open and prepared. She has started the Book of Mormon from the introduction and has prayed about it. She is really sweet. We hope things can work out for her to get to church. A lot of our investigators and recent converts have been facing opposition in coming to the chaple (Grant says using the word chapel instead of church is very common in Spainglish - neat) ..whether it is work or family, it has been difficult. Now they are changing the church schedule and Carolina might not be able to come. I have a lot of faith that things will work out though. In Mark 12 (I think) Jesus heals a child that His disciples couldn´t heal and He said that it is by prayer and fasting that miracles happen. If the Lord can work miracles, He can help people get to church!
Well, I love you all.
Hope Josh and Sharah had Happy Birthdays!!
Love Shayla
No comments:
Post a Comment