March 23, 2011
Dear Family at home:
So I just forwarded Shalese´s email to Mom and Dad...It looks like it has been a rough first week. Lots of letters, lots of love, lots of prayers and we can all fast together this Sunday before General Conference. The MTC was way fun but also super stressful. The best lessons are the hardest ones because they really stick. They really carve us down and change us. the result is a happier and more powerful us. I read D&C 35:9 today. Shalese needs a miracle and miracles are possible by faith prayer and fasting. (I think I asked you to read a story in Mark 12 about that but I looked again and I think it is Mark 9)
I hope you are all doing great. I loved seeing the pictures of Jake and Josh going out to the dance. That is pretty fun.
It was really great to see Jim out here. Tell hope thanks for the home knitted dish cloths. They are almost too nice to use! I definitely want to go out and visit them later.
I hope all is well with you. Dad, I hope you can be guided in you work decisions. It seems like you usually have been though.
We just got back from the mission home where we relaxed and talked and ate. It was pretty fun. That is a very stark contrast to what is going on in other parts of the world. I am so glad Mathew Robertson was safe. It means a lot that the Lord has a plan of happiness for us. As I talked with another missionary I realized how much peace and understanding the gospel has brought to her after losing someone close to her. The gospel is amazing and there is so much to learn. I am so grateful to be on a mission right now. I know Shalese will be forever grateful as well. Please pray for us all to have more faith...faith to find and faith in the Lord´s plan.
I love you all. Thanks for the letter Mom.
Love Shayla.
No comments:
Post a Comment