February 9, 2011
Dear Family,
Thanks for the emails. So good to hear from you this week. It sounds like you are doing well. The last two nights I was on exchanges with another sister in another area. I learned a lot. She is going home in two weeks...down to Andalucia.(In Spain) Her name is Hermana Moraza. Dad did you know an Elder Moraza when you were here because we figured out you might have been here around the same time. I really liked the examples she used when she taught the lessons. they really help people understand and personalize the things we teach. I also learned that I should be speaking Spanish more with my companion. We went to district meeting which was interesting because it was almost completely native speakers. I hope to have a native speaker for a companion sometime...weĺl see though, there really aren't that many.
Hermana Moraza also taught me about how important ward involvement is with people that are new to the church. She said, "what would you do if someone invited you to a party where you wont know anyone there?" Everyone needs friends. I also saw that she has had a lot of fun on the mission and I realized that this really can be the funnest time depending on how you view it and how you do it. I always enjoyed my callings at church and the mission should be the same way. One morning Hermana Moraza took breakfast over to a girl´s house before church and then they went all together. The girl, Odali, hasn't missed church since. I met her and she is so happy and bubbly and great. She is 15 and loves the young women program. She wants to be a missionary one day and she already is with her family. She reads the scriptures to them everyday. wow.
Today we got to go to the temple again. I sure love the temple. It hit me that I was really there in my Father´s house and I should relax and enjoy being there with Him, as though I really were at home. I am also really excited to be there one day with you.
I hope to be able to play the violin for Carolina´s baptism on Wednesday. Shalese: Be glad you play the piano...it is a lot easier to find than a violin when you are on a mission. Dad, Good luck with your talk at Shalese´s farewell. I don't know what you should say ;) Iĺl try to think about it. Maybe something that would help everyone would be to know that the first step in sharing the Gospel is real friendship. When people can see that it comes from a source that really cares about them personally it really helps.
Things here are great. The more I learn the more fun things become. Talking to people on the streets and in the metro is difficult but like many hard things it is also one of the most rewarding things we get to do. Even if someone doesn´t have time to meet with us, it feels great to have a meaningful contact. Too bad that so many people work so many hours here. It is a big problem. They either work every minute or they are without work. Tough stuff.
I hope you are all well. You know I love you un montón.
Love, Hermana Maültown...thatś how they say it around here.
PS Hermana Watkins has made a blog: www.spainmadridmission.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment