Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Transfer 6, week 6

January 5, 2011
Dear Family,

It looks like you had a great New Years party this year. I´m glad the whole family got to go to the dance. Our family is a dancing family at heart.

So Cyle might be getting married? Where are the pictures? Where is the story of how they met?

Dad asked for tips on how to be a great ward missionary (Yeah Mom!!! That is the best calling in the ward!) My advice is keep doing what you have always done...make everyone feel welcome and needed at church. Have no fear because you can´t say or do anything wrong if you do it with love. Chapters 9 to the end of Preach My Gospel talk a lot about how missionaries should work together with the ward. (PMG is amazing) When the missionaries introduce someone to you, don´t wait for the missionaries to instigate every visit, you can invite investigators over for dinner or Family Home Evening. It is always better if a member is present in the lessons with the missionaries. As missionaries we are encouraged to involve the members as much as possible. It is so important that visitors feel comfortable at church so that they can also feel the Spirit- and if they have friends there, it is easier. One thing I regret from before the mission is that I was often too shy to talk to new people. Now I have talked to A LOT of new people and I can say that everyone has their own quirky personality (so I don´t worry if my quirkiness shines a little). Most people will like anyone who likes them (I didn´t know how to word that). -That just made me think of a scripture: We love Him because He first loved us. (Don´t ask me where it is...maybe in John?) Anyway, missionaries come and go and the saddest thing as a missionary would be leaving a progressing investigator or recent convert without a support system in an area. All that said, Mom, you are going to be great!!! and like Dad said, when Mom signs up, the whole family signs up :)

Thanks for the prayers!
I love you all!!

Love Hermana Shayla Moulton

No comments:

Post a Comment