Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Transfer 7, week 4

February 2, 2011

Shayla had a lot to say in a letter to Shalese. Some she didn't want us to post.... however, being the "poster".... I think some things are pretty awesome.

I felt a lot of peace at the temple and I took a minute to pray in the changing stall. My eyes were opened to the fact that everything we do on the mission is or should be enjoyable. We get 8hrs of sleep every night...I think that is more than I got at home. Then we get to study for an hour, which you will come to love.(Speaking to Shalese) Then you get to study with your companion. Then we get to talk to people on the streets and in their homes and at church, have a bunch of meetings with other missionaries and ward leaders. All of that is pretty pleasant. We don´t even have to worry about money or going to work every day. Everything is how you choose to see it. A big part of our happiness on the mission is determined by our relationship with our companion. No One is perfect, but if we just decide to ignore faults and not care about who is right and live a life of forgiveness and love you have an awesome time!!!. That is about how Hna Bell and I are right now. We laugh a lot. Sure we disagree but we apologize quickly and laugh about it.

So I have been wearing one pair of boots ever since the end of October...three or four months. Lets just say they smell like corn chips. As I was putting them back on at the temple, the zipper which has been threatening to break for a long time finally did. I am super smart though so I took my smelly old knee high and tied it around my leg so my boot would stay up...CLASSY. (That's my girl!!)


Ok. better go, you are the best for painting the house ;) (That would be Shalese!)

Just know I pray for you all the time. The mission is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Love Shayla.

No comments:

Post a Comment