Thursday, October 21, 2010

Transfer 4, Week 6

















October 13, 2010



Dear Family,

First off, happy anniversary to you!!!! 25 year mark is pretty intense!! That day was a pretty good day for five of us kids...I bet we were doing high fives together in heaven. Mom, I started a letter for your birthday last week but I couldnt finish it so I have to send it today...it will arrive a little late. I got your letters and pictures and Shalese sent me some too...they both got here the same day! I loved the pictures! I got a really nice letter from Mikayla too!!! She is going to be a great RS pres up in Idaho!!

Mom, Iĺl save all the mushy stuff for the letter but I hope you know how great you are and how grateful I am to you.

Dad thanks for the wedding day recap...that is pretty cool to hear about.

Things around here are going pretty great. Saturday we had a great ward activity...kind of a dud for the missionaries because no investigators came, but it was way fun. The six of us missionaries in the ward got cowboy hats and taught everyone the line dance to "Cotton-eye Joe"

The last two days have been really cool. On Monday we met with Monica again who is amazing...She made us breakfast and then made us cry by telling us how we always have a home at her house. Then a member took us out to lunch for kebabs. After that we went to visit a less active member whose dad is probably not going to live much longer over in Honduras. She was sleeping but we ended up sharing the Book of Mormon with a girl (26yrs old) that lives with her. It was a great lesson together and we are going to visit again tomorrow. On the way from her house to the metro we saw a woman carrying some heavy bags and offered to help. Turns out that she is a member of the Church and she had been hoping someone would stop and help her. We went back to her piso with her and shared a message with her family. Her daughterś boyfriend was there and told us that his girlfriend had mentioned that she wanted to come to church again. We are going to do a Family home Evening with them on Saturday. From there we went to visit Vanesa and Victor. She wants to be baptized soon still...just has a lot of challenges that keep her from coming on Sunday...but I bet this week will be better.

Yesterday was almost even better. We were stood up by an appointment but it was great because we found a dad sitting on a park bench reading a magazine from another church. He said he was just searching for the truth...so we talked with him for another 45mins and gave him a Book of Mormon. His name is Carlos (he is from Peru) and I think he is really going to read and study all that we left him!! From there we went and visited a family from church that is having a really rough time and we brought another sister from the ward with us to visit them who has also been having a hard time and it turns out that she had been through the same situation as this family when she was younger and her comments really helped them I think. We helped them arrange to get blessings from a brother in the ward on Saturday to help them feel better. Then we visited with Laura Chimbo who was baptized about seven months ago and she is doing great. It took her nine years to accept the gospel she says, but she has a really firm testimony and her daughter is reading the scriptures like crazy.

More big news: Last night we finally talked about the Law of Chastity with Jofre and Alexandra...a lesson that has been pending for a long time. I was a little nervous but it all came out ok. Jofre seems to be waiting to be done with school, and Alexandra told us that his mom doesn't really encourage marriage for her sons (what!!!) so we are planning to somehow teach her about the law of chastity the next time we teach her. I really hope I am is Spain for their wedding.

Today we went to the temple. I always learn something I need to do or change. The mission is a time for a lot of change. I am so grateful to be here!! Later today we are going to hunt for boots before it gets freezing cold!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

Love Hermana Moulton

P.S. Hermana Smith says Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment