September 29, 2010
Hello Family,
I loved your emails. Congrats to Karin Smith, Annie Christiansen and Annie Seal . New babies are a blessing. So new and clean (in a spiritual sense) and exciting. I cant wait to meet them!
Shalese...I have gotten your letters and I just love them! I think I am more excited to know where you will go than you are. I hope you got my list of what to bring etc. Will you save my letters...I am going to make a book when I get home. That Spider man pic was way funny...I started another letter to you today...so more later.
Mom...I loved the list that you made. I like to hear things like that you picked a 24lb watermelon and that the chickens like to eat the rhines. I really loved the packet of letters I got the week before last...good job. I am glad you miss me...you better!!
Please tell Hope thank you so much for the prayers of her family...that made me feel great. Wow.
It sounds like the kids are soccer maniacs. I am afraid to play with them now...they will kill me!! (Even worse than they did before.)
We are way excited for General Conference. It is just like Christmas. Hopefully we will have a few investigators go with us.
This week we visited Omira and Dario from Colombia. Omira made us lunch. Of course it was incredible but it really hurt to eat so much. Gotta love it. Vanesa is doing well but something keeps happening with her kids that prevents her from coming to church. The goal is to help people become faithful members before they are baptized...so that they are able to live up to those commitments.
The other night we were going to pass by to visit Vanesa when we saw Kevin in the metro. Kevin is 11...he contacted us a while back. He is the only member of the Church in his family. He was there waiting for his mom at about 8:45pm and so we waited with him for a bit and played games like tick tack toe and hangman. Around 9:15pm we had him call his mom with our phone...turns out that someone gave her a ride home. We walked with Kevin halfway to his home where his older brother met us and he walked home with him the rest of the way. I feel like little opportunities to serve and look out for each other like that are miracles. We could have taken the bus instead, but we barely missed it so we took the metro and got to wait there with Kevin.
Miracles like that happen all the time...like yesterday someone had to change their appointment with us, therefore, we passed by another womanś apartment instead and it was perfect timing. This woman really needs help because of some bad stuff that had happened at her home but we were afraid that she wouldn't let us in because she feels so sad. We went by and picked up some ice-cream before. Someone had left open the main door of her building so we didn't have to ring her doorbell from outside (which would have given her another chance to say no). The icecream helped us get in her door. She seemed to feel better and recognized that we can help. We have another appointment with her on Friday.
I know that the Lord answers prayers and shows us how to do the things that seemed impossible before. It just takes a lot of trust and effort on our part.... and gratitude for the answers.
One wonderful recent convert told us that the thing that brought the Church to her attention most was when the missionaries taught her how to pray. She loves that prayer is an open two-way conversation with God. She said she wasn't sure how to pray before and that she wasn't sure what her relationship to Heavenly Father was. She is so strong. She is helping her family and helping welcome other new people at church because she knows what it is like to be new. Her name is Monica and she is so great. She has come with us to visit Alexandra and her Testimony was like fire.
Well Family, have a great week. Enjoy General Conference. I love you!!!!!! I am praying for you!
Love your extreemly cool sister and daughter, Hermana Moulton
No comments:
Post a Comment