| September 8, 2010 |
Hello Family,
Hermana Smith got her birthday card and says thankyou!!!! Thanks Mom. I hope you got the letter I sent last week.
So last week we were on the metro and Elsy came up to talk to us. She is a member of the Church and lives in Peru but she is here to visit friends, the temple, and her daughter in Málaga. It was a miracle that we found each other! She put us in contact with the friends she was staying with and they seem to have a lot of interest in the gospel. Their names are Vanesa and Victor with their two little kids Sebastian(5) and Asomething(2). Vanesa came to church and loved it. Victor has a lot of very good questions...it was a little hard to know where to begin last night. We taught about the original church of Christ and then the Restoration by building a tower of cups with the twelve apostles and different principles written on them (with the names of Peter James John etc. on one side and pictures of current apostles on the other) Sebastian liked knocking down the original tower.
Vanesa has seen the great example of Elsy´s sons who are really good boys and she wants that for her own family. Talk about teaching by example! Go Elsy!!!
Sheyla´s baptism went really well...very smooth and the Spirit was there. We hadn´t been able to meet with her the day before and so we forgot to cover a few details...like the fact that she would be invited to bear her testimony. She did a great job. Short and sweet and then gave us a hard time about it later. She is still being faced with opposition from her family and friends and she doesn´t have the answers to everything they tell her. We will try to help her keep and nourish her testimony and find the answers with time. We just say a lot of prayers for her.
On the trivial side: Hna Nuckols (very cool missionary) who lived in our piso went home this week and gave me a ton, seriously a ton, of clothes. I´m sorting through and passing some on but I don´t think I will ever need to buy clothes in Spain again. Sweet.
Her replacement is Hna Abayon. She is from Spain...that is really good news for the amount and quality of the Spanish that we speak at home. Yay.
As you know Hna Smith´s B-day was on Monday...I got her some treats and made french toast for breakfast...not exactly consistent with the healthy eating plan we should be instuting soon. Last night I made Pancakes!!!! I think it will definitely become a habit. Hna Smith is pretty great. We have big plans for hanging out and cooking etc later when we are back at BYU.
Oh yeah, we also started teaching a girl (17yrs old) named Pamela...so great. She is reading the Book of Mormon. Her great-aunt is a member of the Church and has taught her a lot. She recognized the picture of Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove from her great-aunt´s home. Pamela wants us to come by during weekends so we can teach her mom too!!!
Tomorrow we have Zone Conference!!!! With Bishop Edgely!!!
Sounds like life is crazy busy and crazy fun at home. Clogging class sounds fun! Do you know when Shalese will officially send in her papers?
Sharah, How is your class and how are your friends? Hope life if going swell. I miss you!!! Sisters Rock!!! You Rock!!!
Josh, How is Junior High? What do you do during lunch? Are you still in swing dance?
Jacob, sounds like soccer and ROTC are going well. How is seminary going?
Shalese, glad you recovered from the wisdom teeth extraction...are you still really busy with work in Las Vegas?
Mom, Thanks for being awesome and for being my mom. I love you!
Dad, the same goes for you (except I am glad you aren´t my mom). I love your emails. Good luck with work and everything.
I love you all so much!!! Thanks for being wonderful.
Love, Hna Moulton
No comments:
Post a Comment