Saturday, July 23, 2011

Transfer 11 week2

July 6, 2011
Dear Family,

That is so funny that you would mention Ella Enchanted. I just thought about how I read that with Sharah just the other day. I remember I was always scared too to go to girls camp or any other adventure away from home...just like Sharah...but I am so glad that I did....especially with the young women and EFY. The more we do hard things the easier they become.

This week has been awesome with Hna Piedade and Hna Benítez. We are all enjoying our time together.

This week after a great lesson on Sunday night we were coming home feeling pretty good because we had also completed the goals for the week. I saw a woman and I might not have approached her because she was sitting a little ways away smoking a cigarette but something (the Spirit) impulsed me to go talk to her. As I got closer I thought she was Spanish but it turned out that she was Hungarian and most recently from Romania. She told me that she had recently been abused and robbed by a man that had weaseled his way into her life. She is now living in safe house for women. Her real husband died six years ago but her two children are doing well and living with her mother. She wondered how she could have fallen so far in life...she wasn't born to this. She prays all the time and despite everything that has happened to her she has a peace that the Lord will lead good people into her life. I told her that I felt I had been lead to talk to her and we both had tears in our eyes. Her employers also seem to be very good people. We want to see her on Saturday. I know that the Lord guides us and gives us love for people. I felt so much love for her.

I love the mission and it is becoming part of me more and more all the time. Ever since the beginning I knew that the start would be hard and the end would get better and better and it is true. I love my comps, I love Spanish, I love the crazy experiences we have all the time. I also love my Family!!!

Very important assignment: I hope that you will send me at least ten pictures of Leilaniś reception. Hopefully you will receive the letter I sent for her before her reception.

Anyway I love you all super much.
Love Hna Moulton.

PS....other story: we entered metro behind a young couple and sat across from them. The guy started making comments about how the Testigos de Jeovah were following them...I decided to tune out....they thought we didn't understand Spanish. A few minutes pass as they are whispering (for everyone to hear) and I see hna Benítez pull out a card and announce to them (and everyone around us) that there was a web page they could visit if they have questions about what we believe, no we are not nuns and we can form families, and yes, we do understand Spanish explained that she is from Spain....(haha that is when Hna Piedade announced very sweetly that she didn't understand Spanish perfectly yet because she is from Portugal.) Apparently the guy was saying that he wanted to say something to us to embarrass us but the girl was saying that if he said anything she would go to the opposite side of the metro. Hna Benítez felt a force that made her say something, knowing that we would look ridiculous if she didn't right away. It actually ended quite differently than the guy expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment