Saturday, July 23, 2011

Transfer 11 week 3

July 13, 2011
Hello Family,

Today we had a big BBQ together with the zone...I will re-attempt to send pics next week. It was a lot of fun... will a very mild, missionary-style water fight.

About the woman from Romania...she moved to another area but I will send her number to the sisters that will be in her area soon. I called her and she was super happy to hear from me...and I was happy to talk to her too!. I am excited..the sisters in her area are great.

Immanuel received the Aaronic Priesthood this week. I love to see how his strong testimony progresses all the time. On Saturday we attempted for the second time an activity for the young single adults (the first was almost a failure and we almost didn't repeat) Well we called Immanuel and he came with three friends from Nigeria. We did a split...Hna Benítez and another girl went to open the church while Hna Piedade and I waited for Stephen...another guy from Nigeria. We saw Immanuel's group and they went ahead of us while we waited for Stephen. I started to panic as I imagined Hna Benítez with two other girls (all Spanish speakers) waiting awkwardly for 20 minutes with Immanuel's group (4 English Speakers) till we came with Stephen so we could start. It all went super well in the end! We played a game and laughed a ton. The game to get to know each other was this: Everyone take 4 M&Ms and each color is a different question you have to answer:
Yellow: What was the last movie you watched (mine was Legacy)
Orange: Hobby
Red: Dream vacation
Green: What would you do with a million dollars
Brown: A nice quality of the person next to you
Blue: Free question from Group

These questions showed a lot about this group. Three of the guys from Nigeria got a green M&M and they all said they would give the money to the orphanages and provide for their families. Immanuel added that he would give money to the church to help the Work. When Hna Benítez got a Blue M&M, Immanuel asked which scripture from the Bible she had read last. She said Romans 1:16 (I will not be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.) When Kelly, one of Immanuel's friends got two brown M&Ms he said that Immanuel is very quiet, very nice and a good friend, then he said that Hna Piedade is nice and he liked the way she talks.
Then we had an object lesson: Place an empty tea-bag standing up right like a hollow tube in the palm of the hand....ask if the person trusts you..(hopefully the answer is yes...Kelly said he just met me) then you light the tea-bag on fire. The tea-bag should burn until the bottom and then lift off before the flame gets to the hand. The person should feel heat but not get burned. It was a good thing that we brought extras because the first time the tea-bag fell over and Hna Benítez yelled and stomped it out and everyone laughed...I guess Kelly was right not to trust me.

We are teaching Judith in the home of a member, Orbelina, and she has a baptismal date for the 6th of August. woohoo. She has a great testimony that the Lord is taking care of her. She is 30 years old and is a widow with a five-year old daughter. She is from Honduras and feels that God has led her here to be able to provide for her daughter. wow.


Dad: What are SMART goals? Did you mean to send me an email that you sent to Shalese?

Love you all so much!!!
Love,Hna Moulton 1

No comments:

Post a Comment