June 29, 2011
Dear Family,
Dear Family,
First things first. Happy Birthday Jacob!!!!! AHH AHHH not 16!
Life is good. Yesterday we picked up Hermana Piedade from the CCM and Hna Benítez and I will be training together. It is pretty exciting to train. We want her to have the most happy and positive experience possible right from the start. It is clear that it is a lot easier to learn Spanish when you already speak Portuguese. She is so sweet and knows one of the Portuguese sisters that I loved so much in the CCM!
Shalese and I got a really nice email from Grandma Jean. It was nice to hear what everyone in the family is doing and how cute Jaime´s family is. Say thanks if you see her ;) I´m sending a letter to Kevin today.
I´ll be praying for Athena and Cyle. Yes, they have a ton of faith. I can´t wait to meet Athena. She will be one of the first people I call when I am home ;)
We have been experiencing miracles through fasting here as well. The other day we contacted Estela...She was so positive and accepting that it was almost weird. She wasn´t home two of the days that we had scheduled to meet with her but we tried again and yesterday we found out that she is the sister of an investigator that is receiving the lessons from the misioneras that live with us. Carmen (the sister/investigator) has spoken very positively of the church and the Book of Mormon because Estela was very excited to learn about the Gospel and we were even able to establish a schedule to meet with her twice a week (that is amazing because sometimes people get scared at the idea of having a schedule. ahh ;)
We are also teaching a woman named Juani that listens and understands! Her husband died eleven years ago but he was a very good and spiritual person and he prepared her a lot. When we taught about the First Vision she accepted it very easily because her husband had had a similar experience. After a massive surgery he saw a light and a man told him that he had to get on with his life...he lived another four years with his family and passed away. Those four years were especially important to his son who was ten years old when he passed away. I felt the spirit as she told us about this experience and it confirmed to me that the Spirit can teach us the truth of all things...even the experience of a man that I had never heard of before. It can do the same for those who pray to know if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I know he was.
We are finding many more. It is amazing what happens when we put our faith in the Lord. I don´t know if we are working that much harder but we are putting a lot more faith in the Lord and it is changing the results.
I can´t believe that Leilani is getting married in two days!!!! I am sending her a letter today as well. Wow. It makes me laugh to think about all the girly conversations we had growing up...including one time when we wrote a page about each other´s futures....I just remember that she wrote that I am supposed to live in Colorado and do a lot of Humanitarian work in Afghanistan or something.
Anyway, Love you all a ton,
Love Hermana Shayla Moulton
No comments:
Post a Comment