Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 13, 2011

Dear Presidente Watkins,
13 abril 2011

Proselytismo:

Laurdes!!!! Se va a bautisar el 14 de Mayo! Es de la Ciudad de Mexico. Salio con un chico de la iglesia antes y vio que su familia era muy unida. Ahora está compromitida con un hombre de españa. Ha estado aqui 1.5 mezes y ha buscado la iglesia aqui. She said that this week was the first time she has ever attened a full church service because she was too proud to go in Mexico. She was surprized at how well it went and at how welcome she felt. She has already told her fiance and friends that she is getting baptized.

Immanuel. From Nigeria. Has really good questions and puts a lot of thought into the few lessons we have had. It is interesting to teach in English. Hermana Benítez really brings the Spirit with her testimony and we are working on English together, meanwhile she is helping me a ton with Spanish.

Josafine´s family: Also from Nigeria. Speak English. Came to church. I am going to prepare to teach Gospel principles in English this Sunday so they can understand. I don´t know how well our dialects of english coincide...the spirit is very important.

Compañerismo:
Hermana Benítez is amazing! I love the way she teaches and explains things. She is very much a people person and she serves a lot naturally. I am learning a ton from her.

Piso: The plumber came by yesterday to fix a clog. We faxed some gas bills to the office today. The piso is great!!

Leadership: Our ward mission leader is so excited to help us. So is the whole ward. We are going to try to coordinate better so they can come on visits.

Preparation day: Went to Alcalá to see the birthplace of Cervantes. Very cool. There is a lot of neat stuff to see there and you could do it all in an hour if you had a map from the outset. Hermana Wilson read the whole book in Spanish before the mission so she just loved it all!

My Family:
I´ve asked them to email you about the details of coming to pick me up. My mom may or may not be able to come because of severe back problems that she has been having, but my Dad is very excited to come. It will be a really neat experience together.

Personal Progress: I feel like the Lord is teaching me a whole new set of lessons in this area. Hermana Benítez has helped me fall in love even more with the Book of Mormon. Teaching in English is helping me realize what things I should do to teach better. Having a companion from Spain has helped me not be silly and not be so afraid to contact people from Spain. With all the people from all over the world that are here, I feel like the world is opening up to me. I love it so much!!!

Thanks so much for everything.
-Hermana Moulton

No comments:

Post a Comment