Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 5, 2010

Dear Family,

Today is my second day in the mission field and it is prep day. (Tues) Can you say surviving? I am so grateful to be here but I have never been so grateful to go to bed as I was last night either. I realized that an attitude of gratitude is the only thing that will help me survive this week...so here goes:

Gratitude list:
-I have an awesome companion!!!! Hermana Smith. She was the one I looked up on Facebook back in December and Mikayla and I went to Cafe Rio with her. We are also temporary companions with Hermana Balden (till friday) who is on her last transfer. She is always laughing and joking around and she knows what sheś doing. She is saving us right now. Did I mention that our area has been white-washed and this is only my trainerś third transfer? Hahahahahahhahhahhahaaahhhhaha!!!!! Love it!!!! We don't know anyone here.

My list isn't turning out very list-like....I will try again:

-We just bought a ton of great fruit muy barato.

-I contacted a woman reading her Bible on the Metro last night (First person in the field!!!)...we offered her a Book of Mormon and then got lost in her response...we were pretty sure she was turning us down until she jumped up to get off, turned around and said something like: "well aren't you giving me your book?"

-The Chinese stores which are all over the place, have everything you could ever want!!! Super cheap as well.

-My shoes are good...bought new insoles today

-Am I allowed to list AWESOME companions twice?

-I know I am supposed to be here.

-My eyes have been opened and I know I'm going to learn a ton if I live through it!

-Everything we could ever need as far as food, computers, stores etc. It is all within a two minute walk from our great piso.

-I get to talk to my family on Sunday!!!! (Mother's day)

-I just ate an amazing pear.

-I'm super healthy even though it feels like I pulled something in my leg (Don't worry...just a light tug of a pull ;)

-We taught a family last night...the wife and daughter are members, the husband can make the best empanadas of my life...some sort of white cheese in the middle served hot with sugar sprinkled over the top
(On the Mother's day phone call, Shayla said they were starving and the empanada's saved their lives!! Oh thankyou for feeding the Hermana's)

-I understand enough Spanish to skip that heart attack....believe me, I don't understand everything and I need I lot of work but I am not dying so that is nice.

So...Dear family and friends, I love you love you love you.

Love, Hermana Moulton...that's what their calling me these days.

P.S. Can someone call Katherine and tell her how happy I am for her and Matt? So great!


No comments:

Post a Comment