Dear Family!!
The park this week was amazing!!! Each week we change companionships. This week I went out with Hermana Ackerman.
Here´s why it was amazing: We saw one guy passing by us on his bike in the other direction...then about 40 minutes later we met him at a corner in another part of this HUGE park and he was sort of waiting for us and he started the conversation. He said he wanted to make some changes in his life and he wondered what we were teaching and if he could come to our church to see how it felt. Serious...this really happened!! twist our arm... I did most of the conversing because H. Ackerman is newer to Spanish but she shared the First Vision and her testimony about it and it was so sweet. We shared a scripture in Moroni that applied to our conversation...something I´d read just that morning!!!! Then we asked him to take the Book of Mormon and read Moroni 10:3-5, marking it with a pamphlet from the first lesson. He said he wouldn´t just read those verses but I would read the whole book. He gave us his contact info so other missionaries could come teach him. He used to be Catholic and he is from Ecuador but he´s been in Spain for the last 10 years.
Here´s why it was amazing: We saw one guy passing by us on his bike in the other direction...then about 40 minutes later we met him at a corner in another part of this HUGE park and he was sort of waiting for us and he started the conversation. He said he wanted to make some changes in his life and he wondered what we were teaching and if he could come to our church to see how it felt. Serious...this really happened!! twist our arm... I did most of the conversing because H. Ackerman is newer to Spanish but she shared the First Vision and her testimony about it and it was so sweet. We shared a scripture in Moroni that applied to our conversation...something I´d read just that morning!!!! Then we asked him to take the Book of Mormon and read Moroni 10:3-5, marking it with a pamphlet from the first lesson. He said he wouldn´t just read those verses but I would read the whole book. He gave us his contact info so other missionaries could come teach him. He used to be Catholic and he is from Ecuador but he´s been in Spain for the last 10 years.
After this, Hermana Ackerman and I walked away stunned and bawling like any normal Hermanas after witnessing a milagro.
Not for blog: (Again, I use my disgression. . . .Yes, for blog. What life lessons!! wow)
I´d been trying to figure out how to fast and how to use it in my life... like in Alma 26: 21-22 (I think) Anyway, I fasted on Friday and I really think that that had something to do with the miracle at the park.
I have to go right now..but I love you!!!!
If I don´t email again today, tell Grandma Jean how much I appreciate her emails!
No comments:
Post a Comment