Family!!!
Tomorrow I leave the CCM and get to meet my trainer and start doing real missionary things! So excited/scared/motivated. Our district has been so great. We are not exactly the most focused group in the world...we have a lot of funny Elders...there are just six of us in our class so we got to know each other pretty well. We sang "OCHENTA" (hymn #80 in the Spanish himnario) twice today as a sort of closing ritual...it was sort of our theme song. I´m afraid we don´t sing it very reverently.
This Saturday on the metro we met a lady that had been learning about the Gospel but then moved and lost contact with the missionaries. She gave us her contact info and I passed it along to the missionaries. It is amazing how the Lord puts people like that in our path! Rule number one: Talk to everyone. It can be so hard to open my mouth when I don´t know Spanish...but good always comes of it!
Dad...it hit me finally today how much we are building up on the labors of those that have gone before us, and it is so cool to know that You came before us. I imagine that missionary work in Spain is totally different now than when you were here because there are so many more members and chapels, not to mention this beautiful Temple!! It is crazy to think that the Church has only been in Spain 40 years!! I wish I had more stats about this...maybe you can do some research :)
Good Family Home Evening idea: Watch "On the Lord´s Errand." We watched it just this morning. It´s all about Pres. Thomas S. Monson and it has some pretty cool stories....I think everyone would like it....just get some popcorn and soda and it will be a party!
Josh: Do you have an email address?
Sharah: You should have Jacob or Mom or Dad let you get on their email and write me...what´s going on in 3rd grade!!!
Jacob: Thanks for sending me the pictures of the chicks...so cute!!
I love you!!! Hope things are going great there. We have heard so many Apostolic promises that the Lord takes care of our families while we are serving missions and I trust that so much.
Love Shayla.
No comments:
Post a Comment