Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Transfer 5 week 6

November 24, 2010

Hello Family!

Happy Thanksgiving! We switched our preparation day to Thursday this week so that we could do a Thanksgiving celebration with the missionaries and mission leader in our ward. It should be a blast. We are going to watch the Joseph Smith movie. This morning I took a second to remember why we celebrate Thanksgiving. I am so grateful for all the blessings I have received. Every day we talk with people who´s life experiences make me realize how blessed I have been to have been guided by the gospel all my life. Principles like honesty, chastity, charity, faith, hope, trust, forgiveness, work, service, tithing, and prayer have shielded our family from so many heart aches and provided for our temporal needs as well. I am so grateful for so many things and my family above all.

As for excitement this week: On Saturday we helped a girl in our ward make lunch/dinner and we fried calamari. I saw how easy it is to deep-fry and I remembered something I had eaten in the CCM...Deep fried french-toast with a different name. I thought it was a brilliant idea...until a huge distraction caught my attention in the middle of my attempt. The next thing I knew the pan was smoking like crazy so I thought I should hold it out the window so the smoke would go out. Meanwhile the distraction continued in the kitchen and I stopped thinking...I dumped out the oil....onto my hand. Thoughts of how Bro. Stockard had to go to physical therapy every day including Christmas for his hand flooded my mind (over-reaction). I kept my hand in a bucket of water the whole night. It was just a second degree burn on part of my palm and index finger. It hurt a bit in the morning and I brought a bag of frozen peas to our morning lessons. Vanesa, one of our investigators, but some bee´s-wax on it....I didn´t think that was a very good idea, but between 10 hrs of submersion in water and the bee´s wax it stopped the pain completely and I just have a couple of cool giant blisters to show for it. The part that made me feel really NOT-SMART was the fact that we live on the fourth floor and I could have scalded one of our neighbors if they had stuck their head out the window...fortunately I didn´t see any clothes on the clothes-lines below us...but the puddle of oil was still there a couple days later...

Other than that, our whole apartment has been sick this week. Fortunately I uncovered a stash of medicine left by other missionaries and we have all been partaking. Mom, I did get the DSF! Thanks!!! I love that stuff.

This week has been crazy but great. A couple from our ward were sealed in the Temple and they invited us to explain some things to the groom´s parents in the waiting room. Very interesting experience. Then more of their friends came to a ring-exchanging service and the Stake president talked about temples. Hermana Smith played the piano and I led the music. at least half of the people there were not familiar with hymn-books so I felt like I was singing a bit of a solo up front...which wouldn´t have been so bad but I was already sick and couldn´t reach the high notes..not pretty. The important thing is that David and Paula seemed very happy and she looked so beautiful in a simple white dress.

We had a great zone conference with Elder Casse, a member of the Seventy. He is French but his English is great. I learned a lot of things that can help me be a better missionary.
On Monday-Tuesday, we had interchanges...which means I spent the day with Hermana Read in my area and Hermana Smith went to Barrio 8 for the day. Hermana Read is so great. I learned a lot from her.

Well, I have to run but I love you!
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Eat some turkey for me ;)

Love Hermana Moulton

P.S. Shalese: look up David Swenson on facebook ;) he is from UT...friend of Hna Smith´s family and he got your same mission call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment