Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hi Family,
Sorry, I won´t have time to write a hand written letter this week or next because we are going to the Prado (an art museum) today and another city next week. Also, I haven´t received the Tshirts you sent or the letter, I wonder if you sent them to the office instead of the Tintas addres...hmmm...that or they got lost in the mail. Dad, I just hope I won't see the mail man wearing a girls camp T-shirt around...didn´t that happen to a sweater of yours?

So, I took a few notes this week to write...I´m on a time crunch: 10 minutes left...
-Mikayla sent me a letter with 50 Euros. THANKS
-Met a lady from Mongolia, she was so excited to see us. Her brother and sisters are members of the Church but she was never baptized. We are teaching her tonight. Her husband is from Spain.
-August sweat cleanse going according to plan
-Dogs is Spain or in the city are each unique...I see a new breed every day...not all of them are very pretty.
-We met Alexandra´s brother-in-law and taught their family. We already knew their little boy Josue who smiles big when he sees us and gives us kisses when we leave. We are invited to his birthday part next Tuesday. That means we will meet their whole extended family...they even invited us to share a message!
-Can you email me"The Power to Change" by president Faust from the Nov Ensign 2007 in Spanish?
-Testimonies this week in church really helped me.

Experts from letter to Pres. Watkins:
Alexandra fasted all day on Sunday. She actually fasts almost every day from 6:30 to 2pm. That was something that she feels is important from reading the Bible. She and Joffre are so generous. He fasts too. He is having a hard time accepting that it is important that there is one true church with the authority to do ordinances on the earth, rather he feels that the only important thing is that we find God wherever He is and follow him. We are trying to help him see that these two ideas correlate. I think we should teach about temple marriage next time we teach them. Maybe that would help him see the need for the authority to perform these ordinances.

Sara and Ernesto are doing great. The first few months we taught them were difficult because they had already had the lessons several times, but now things are different. They are determined to be married and baptized and follow Christ and share the gospel with their families in Bolivia. They are helping us teach the lessons...we give them a topic and they teach about it. We can see the study they put in as we as their testimonies this way. Last time we asked Ernesto to share about the Holy Ghost. While he was speaking he just mentioned "se nota que tienen el Espiritu las misioneras." This came after I had been asking and studying if I had the spirit with me for several days. I realized that even though it had been difficult for me to recognize the Spirit with me it has been plain to them that it was. This Sunday their son Derek was blessed in Church. He is almost two years old but they wanted to do something for him.

Love you all!!! Love Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment