Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Transfer3, Week 3, August 11, 2010

Dear Family,
I hope you get this with all the pictures...but I´m sending a copy with just the email just in case. Mom, I copied your email and I´ll read it later. Good job on the journaling.

Yesterday we had a great district meeting and talked about contacting a lot. We got really excited to talk to people and a miracle happened. Our appointment wasn´t home so we tried to find some older contacts in the area. We ran into a woman named Milagros and introduced ourselves. She said she was in a hurry so we walked with her. She said she has felt very alone and has been praying to feel God´s presence in her life. She said that just before we talked to her she had prayed, "Please God, just send me a sign." She said that she assumes we were her sign and I know it is true. I got chills just talking to her. I know that the Lord is in charge and if we are obedient he puts us in the right place. We really want to step it up in contacting and trust God more than we fear man. I know this will help us find more people.

Last night we went to a birthday party for Josue who turned 5. This means we have met all the extended family of Joffre and Alexandra!!!!! We are going to teach their parents and his brother´s family. Soooo Cool. We shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon with the family (Alma 38:9) and then the Grandpa asked us to read some more. It turned into a crazy conversation but it was fun. We know they normally drink alcohol but no alcohol appeared at the party and the grandma was telling everyone that the Bible says we need to pray and joffre offered a prayer before the dinner.
Photo: Joffre´s Family. Joffre is holding the dog (Dula), and Alexandra is holding up her daughter Mileni in a pink dress.
We love their little family!!! They are probably some of our best friends here. We think that Joffre prayed to be married soon in his prayer during our last lesson...that is a big deal. (however we are not entirely sure that is what he said...he could have been saying something about his house...casa and casarme can get mixed up) but we´re praying that he said something about marriage.

The other day we taught a new family- Oscar had been drinking but his friend had been drinking a lot. Oscar apologized and he didn´t finish his drink. I just think it is amazing how people naturally want to be better when we are in their homes...I like to think it is because of the Spirit and they just don´t know it yet.

P-Day today: We might try to find a few clothes today. Later we are teaching Sara and Ernesto about tithing...well they will be teaching us. They still have plans to return to Bolivia, get married, and get baptized. They are so great and they recognize the difference in their lives now that they have the Gospel. Their testimonies have really strengthened mine and shown me how much happier the gospel can make people. (there is a picture of them with Elder Hutchings and Elder Robertson. Elder Robertson is our District leader (the one with black hair) He played the piano at a baptism recently for the musical number and as he walked back to his chair he looked at the ground and his face went bright red. Everyone sort of chuckled...how can you not love Elder Robertson.

Last Prep day we went to the Prado (Art Museum)....it would take days to see everything. Someday I want to see the whole thing by going on a run through the Prado...That would be cool. Also, Goya (one of the most famous spanish painters) is way over rated...just kidding, I´m sure he is good but his art is way too depressing.

The last picture is of our Zone last transfer. It has changed a little since then but it was a fun picture. We all had a BBQ at the church and played some futbol.

Tell Kendra I said Hi!!!! I had actually been thinking about her before you mentioned her last week so it was funny when you said something. You can tell everyone I love it here! Yeah, it is super hard for silly reasons sometimes but it is all worth it. My relationship with Heavenly Father has changed, I am begining to recognize and love the Spirit, and I am becoming more the person I have always wanted to be...all while missing my family a lot.

I love you all so much! Josh and Jake owe me emails. Hope you are all excited to start school. I love you and I´m praying for you!!

Love, Hermana Moulton

I will try to get these pictures to the blog....I'm a little technically challenaged..... ok, ALOT!!
Shawna (The Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment