Thursday, July 29, 2010

Transfer 3, Week 1 July 28, 2010

Dear Family,
Sounds like a miracle week over there, I am so glad King Henry the cat is back with Grandma Beth. I remember when we went missing and I was kinda worried about him. I am glad that Dad and all the rest of the kids got to visit Grandma.

Also, the Family reunion sounds like it was a blast! The letter and package are still in route I guess, I hope they come soon! This week has been great. Hermana Smith and I are learning so much. I am so glad we are companions. I will have one more best friend at the end of this.

Today we went and bought fruit again at the same place we go every week and the cashier threw in half a melon cause we are friends now. We saw a few of the employees on the metro and talked to them and we wave every time we see them on the street. I am pretty sure we need to teach them the Gospel. We need to get on it!

We thought we were going to have a third companion so the other Hermanas that live with us moved their desks upstairs and we moved our beds downstairs so we could fit a third person. Turns out she is going to another area but I really like the way we changed things up. It feels nice.

Here is an exerpt from my letter to Pres Watkins:"Yesterday on the way to District meeting we ended up taking Bus 35 instead of Bus 34 to get to the chapel...I am really glad we hopped on because we met a boy (about 18 years old) who had been given a Book of Mormon three months ago. He hasn´t had time to read it but he really wanted the Elders to visit him. We gave Elder Robertson his number at district meeting. Last night Elder Robertson called us about P-day destinations and he said that they had already visited Carlos and he is great and he wants to serve a mission!

He said another contact we gave him, Fernando, is really interested too. We met Fernando and his sister carrying a bunch of heavy stuff to her new piso and we offered to help. I just love that the Lord knows what to do, He is guiding us and I am learning to recognize it. I sometimes get really worried about following the Spirit, or failing to follow the spirit, and I worry if we are taking the right route or turning the right way etc, but now I am learning to relax and live worthy of the Spirit and somehow we end up in the right places at the right time.

A little boy (11 yrs old) asked us for the time and before I could finish answering he asked us where the chapel was. He is so funny, he is from Paraguay and the only member of the church in his family. He asked us if we knew Elder Roberts, I guess Elder Roberts was the missionary who baptized him in Paraguay. Kevin is his name and he is definitely not shy so we gave him the name and address of a member that lives close to him and she brought him to church. I can´t imagine being 11 and going to church by myself. We are going to try to visit his mom.

I love you so much!!!Love Hermana Moulton

P.S.Sharah, Check you email.

Hey parents, Here is another thing I wrote to the president this week but I don´t really want it on the blog."The scripture Hel 3:35 stuck out to me yesterday and it stayed with me all day and was repeated again by Elder Bednar as we listened to conference talks last night. I still sometimes have a lot of anxiety or I get homesick but I put the principles in that scripture to the test and I feel the difference. I am so grateful to be here. I feel that I am unlocking treasures here that would have been more elusive to me at home. I am learning to follow and trust in the processes of the Lord. I am learning patterns that will bless me and those around me for the rest of my life. I am so glad I will have had these beautiful experiences when I get married or in whatever comes next. I feel I am being prepared so much here. I know other great girls that didn´t need to come on a mission to learn some of the lessons I am learning here but I am so greatful I had this chance because I REALLY REALLY needed it. I love the Lord. I can see how He is pouring out his blessings on me." I really love that scripture. It is the recipe for happiness. This life is all a big refinery, ultimately the end is that we learn to love love love.

I just loved reading two talks by Elder Wirthlin this week: Come what may and love it" (Mom I know you live by those words and so do I) and The Greatest Commandment. I know the Prophet and Apostles are inspired men. I know it. I feel it. They say what I need...years in advance. That´s because Heavenly Father tells them what we need.

Dad, I want to right you a letter about my thoughts about your weekend with Grandma and fam. You had me bawling like a little baby too.

Love you all! Mom Dad Jacob Josh Sharah and Shalese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment