Thursday, July 1, 2010

Transfer 2, Week 3 Jun 30, 2010

Dear Fam:
Jake: It´s your BIRTHDAY!!!!! Happy Birthday! That is way too crazy...one year till you know what....the keys. Watch out! I love you so much.
Josh: I heard you gave a talk in church...hmmmm...I think you are supposed to write me a letter about it. That´s the rule.
Sharah: Sharah!!!! The Music Man...Dad said it went great and you are a natural on stage. Remember when we talked about what natural means?
Shalese: Thanks for the letters.... Sorry you were sick this week.
Mikayla: I got your letter....thanks and good luck with the doctors etc. Iḿ praying for ya!
Mom: You ARE the best one here!! Assignment (pretty please): I need pictures of my teenage brothers and my sister with freckels and my good lookin´ parents. ¿Vale? (That mean "ok?")
Dad: Loved your letter. I know what you mean about the long hot days and being "fallar-ed" disappearing from your memory quickly....I´m already forgetting those days. July is upon us though...it is going to get insuportable as they say.

The other night Alexandra, one of our investigators cooked for us...fried fish and platano and rice....I have never eaten such amazing fish in all my life. It was sort of a fiasco though...we didn´t know what we were signing up for when we said we would have time and we ended up getting home late...the ward mission leader was there with us though so at least we were in good company. I feel really close to Alexandra´s family, at church her hija and sobrino sat on either side of me and I helped them be reverent...I felt just like I was sitting at church with our family a few years ago when our family was a little younger.

Additional noteworthy event: Ate fresh empanadas hot off the oil last night. AMAZING! They were made by one of the people we are teaching right now, the vecino of Carla....You´ll hear more about Carla later I think... she seems really ready to accept the Gospel. So great. I think the blessings that I have had as far as peace and trust and love within my own family are magnified now that I am seeing a little more of the world and what a difference it is to have constant teaching of the Gospel and to have made promises and commitment to follow Christ the best we can. Wow....amazing. I love it, I feel so lucky to have the Gospel and to have all of you forever!!!
Love you all sooo much.
Love Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment