Jun 8, 2011
Dear Family,
Dear Family,
Dad´s scuba diving sounds incredible!!!! how awesome! That is becoming a lifetime goal for me....as soon as I am allowed to go swimming again.
These past few weeks we have been continuing the search. At least three of the best investigators we have right now have been in the middle of moving apartments so it has been hard to see them. Pedro continues to progress although he seems to be afraid to choose from all the churches...he has been looking for so long that I think he might be comfortable searching. He told us yesterday that he doesn´t know how to find peace... I learned the importance of asking the question "Why?" because when I answered him he went on to tell us that his mother died when he was 9 and his father didn´t take care of him, then his aunt whom he loved and who looked out for him was killed in an accident while traveling from Nigeria to Guinea Equatorial. Then his Grandma who also looked out for him passed away as well and he feels alone in the world. What a weight to bear. We had just taught him about the plan of salvation. We challenged him to pray about it and that this pain would be filled little by little. We are praying that he also finds people that can help fill this hole in his life.
We are learning to rely on the Lord and to trust in him with a lot of faith. As I look back on the mission so far I realize that the easiest thing in the mission and the easiest to work for are the people that have been baptized. It is the looking that is hard. I don´t know if all that made sense...I am just learning that when we try to rely only on our own efforts we don´t have as much success and we aren´t happy, but when we rely on the Lord miracles just seem to fall into own laps. For example on Saturday we realized that we were powerless without the help of the Lord and we ran into Pedro that night and had a lesson. We haven´t wanted to call him every day because we didn´t want him to feel a lot of pressure. he also ran into Immanuel on Monday and then ran into us again in another spot. In other words The Lord has kept daily contact with Pedro in the way that would work for him.
Hermana Benítez is still amazing and teaching me a ton she says: "Que tienen una super mega chachisima hija que le quiero un montón, y que tengo ganas de conocer a los Mous" So life is pretty good. We are falling short still on lesson but I think we´re just supposed to learn more faith and some other things. The mission is the best and i am super happy. I have also learned what a wonderful family I have!!
I love you all...can´t wait to see pictures of Mexico!!! At least one with Dad in a wet suit!
make sure to tell Sharah and Mikayla that I got their letters!
Love, Hna moulton (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment