April 27, 2011
Dear Family,
Today has been amazing! We went with the Familia Bustamante to get their endowment and see them sealed as a family!! Hermana Benítez had been working with them for a long time after their baptism and I met them in Barrio 9. It was a sweet experience! Very special. It made me think a lot about when I went to the temple for the first time. Seeing it all again from the perspective of a companion (Hermana Benítez was her acompañante...I cant think of the word...but we got to be with Olivia, the mom, the whole time) helped me remember how special that was and it brought a lot of fond memories of Dad and Mom. Wow.
It is truly amazing to watch a family be sealed together.
Good news! And lots! Lourdes is getting ready for her baptism on Saturday and I don´t know if anyone has ever been so ready. Fadmy, 35yrs old, Spanish, has made many big changes and wants to be baptized on May 14th. She has a big heart. She talks...much. She is so super generous and a lot of fun. The latest great news is that Immanuel from Nigeria has a baptismal date! You should have seen his face. Then we got a second huge smile when we gave him the cookies we´d made for him. It is really interesting to teach in English. It is making me develop a sense of authority when I teach that I didn´t have before because it is easy for me to let my companions lead lessons, but in the cases of all the English lessons we have been teaching lately it has fallen to me. I think Heavenly Father is trying to help me learn to lead and putting the pressure on Hna Benítez to learn English (she knows and understands a lot when she is listening but the new accent of Nigeria is impossible) This will bless her life immensely just like Spanish will bless mine.
I remember Uncle Roy saying that he knew a little German...but when he spoke it he was the "strong silent type." I feel like that a lot. I understand almost everything, but it doesn´t just fall off my tongue...so I tend to be even quieter then normal. I´m learning a ton with Hna Benítez. I love Spanish!!
It is amazing howthe miracles happen when you enjoy the work. It doesn´t feel like work sometimes and yet that is when we see results. An ironic and wonderful life lesson.
Mom, I got the package with the clothing and the letter with the USB. It was all perfect. Hna Benítez loved the Easter Egg. Shalese also sent me pictures! Katie Horne sent me a letter...it was funny because I had a letter for her sitting on my desk that I still have to send. Please tell her hi the next time you see her. The same for Leilani. I can´t believe she is getting married!!!!
Life is great! Thanks for everything. Love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment