Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tansfer 12, Week 3 Leganes

August 24, 2011
Dear Family

We got the official no on the idea for me to go to Barcelona...but at least we tried ;) I guess there is a rule in the Mission Presidents manual about this exact situation...Id like to read that manual one day....So I will be home on Tuesday Sept 20th as planned.

Dad...that is an impressive embarrassing moment. I say you should hire her. I am excited that the store is coming together.

Jake....How great that you are there working with Dad on this project! You wont forget it and I am sure you are learning a ton.

Sharah...I am writing a letter to you today :)

Josh...How are you liking the Charter school? I cant wait to play soccer with you guys. Are you ready to be "destroyed"? Remember the What game?

Mom....uniforms sound nice....super easy. That is a really great idea to have the parents volunteer at the school. This school sounds amazing. I hope everyone involved can keep up the excitement in the years to come.

Shalese...I got your letter...I don't know if you received mine but you should look for Ibuprofen cream in the pharmacy.

We are teaching a great couple from Nigeria, Sylvester and Nancy. They are incredible because they understand everything we teach. The other day we taught them about the Plan of Salvation and Sylvester asked, "What about someone like my grandpa in Africa who never had the opportunity to learn the Gospel?" We read 1 Peter 3:18-19 and 4:6 about Jesus Christ teaching in the Spirit world to the dead. He said, tapping the Bible, "It is written. It is scripture." The doctrine that we teach just makes sense to them and they have great questions.

Belén and Santiago continue to be amazing with their amazing four kids. We just don want to see Alison(10) and Leonardo(8) have to go back to Valencia to live with their dad during the school year. Belén had a hard life and it sounds like her family married her to an older man when she was younger. She says the the Lord has recompensated her with Santiago who is wonderful to her and the children. Alison and Leonardo are smart, good, receptive to the Spirit, respectful, and they remember my name. We are going to fast with them for a financial issue that is putting a lot of stress on them right now. The challenge is getting them to church because it is at least a 45min walk and they don't have a car...we walked it with them the other day and I was tired out afterwards...but their kids were running circles around us the whole time.

We think Selene has gone on vacation...she has disappeared. Please pray for her to come back.

Today we had an activity in the chapel with eight Elders and nine Hermanas. We played soccer and sang to Hna Jimenez for her birthday tomorrow.

oops...better go. Sending foto of first ward FHE yeah! Belen and Santiago are on the left with a two year old in his arms.

Love you all so much!!!
Love Hna Shayla Moulton

No comments:

Post a Comment