October 27, 2010
Hola Familia,
Hola Familia,
I am sending pictures!! The one with the cowboy hat is from the Ward party where we taught everyone the line dance to Cotton-eyed Jo. The picture of the snails represents what was going on outside during the party. So cool!!!
I just barely got the letter you sent as I ran out the door to come write emails, so I haven´t had time to read them but thanks a lot!! Also, thanks for all the emails!
Cool story from this week: We had been waiting for someone to meet us at the metro to have a lesson....when she didn´t come we decided to try a person that lives on that same street. Their names were Marisa and Victor. The Elders had visited them a couple of times a few months ago, but they gave us their names because Victor couldn´t meet as often as she could or something like that.
Background: a few months ago we passed a woman crying in the street. We quickly slipped her a card with a picture of Christ and a packet of tissues and walked on. I didn´t know if she would call us but it was a neat experience all the same. So this week as we sat in her bedroom I noticed one of our cards sitting on her shelf in a noticeable place and it turned out to have my handwriting on the back. She told us how she had been crying one day and some chicas gave her that card. I mentioned the tissues and she was surprised to find out it was us. We hadn´t seen each other´s faces because her hands had been covering her face (or maybe I just forgot her face and she hadn´t been able to see because of her tears...can´t remember) Anyway, when Victor joined us, Hna Smith recognized him too. It turns out that we had contacted him and given his address to the elders in the first place. It is pretty crazy how what goes around comes back around.
Another cool story from this week: We were walking along and a guy said, "Mormons... Hola...Mormons." So he starts talking to us about where we are from...genealogically speaking. Then he goes off animatedly about the history of Spain and Columbus and Indians and the Brothers Pinzon (???) and how Spain is the melting pot of Europe....all in a hilarious friendly Spanish way. Finally we asked him if he had seen the Book of Mormon, and when he had been baptized (by then we had caught on that he must be a member). He didn´t answer the baptism question but joked around and recounted the story of Joseph Smith. All the while he was teasing us about our age and about not knowing about the Brothers Pinzon etc. He was pretty hilarious and just what we needed that day. He said he was from Mostoles and I said my dad had served there about thirty years ago. He said, "Your dad! Elder Moulton!"
Dad, he is 38 now and I don´t know if you will remember him, but he listed off a few family names that you might remember. His name is José Maria Benitez Carrasco and he named families: Clemente, Caso, Roberto, La Fuente (and calle Huesca?) He also gave us his email and number if we ever need anything. It was pretty crazy...he works as a security guard in the Airport and he recognized Hna Smith from when she arrived 9 months ago!
Thanks for all the emails...I will print them off to read later. I love you so much!!!
Love Hermana Moulton
No comments:
Post a Comment